Sunday, October 13, 2013

How did you use mathematics in the holidays?

I have been thinking how many times I have used maths during the holidays ..
# how many days until I go back to school?
# I''ll be meeting my friend for coffee at 2pm 
# what time shall I leave to get there on time?
# I need 15 new trees to replace the ones that have died
# Does my Kumera weigh 90 grams?
# How many tablespoons of yoghurt will I measure out?
# How many tubs of petunias will I need to buy . There are 6 flowers in each tub . I wanted to plant 3 plants in each patch Each tub cost $2.50

Please write in the comments part how you have used maths during the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Room 15
    I went to Te Awamutu for BMX and Rotorua for Hockey in the holidays. I had to work out how far it is and how long it would take to get there. Then with each race we have to add up the points you receive.
    Hockey for a win the team get 3 points a draw 1 and a lose no points so we had to add all our points up to find out who we play in the final. WOW all that maths in the first 6 days for the holidays.
    Have a great day Room 15

    ReplyDelete